Sunday, July 12, 2009

When asked about your spirituality, what do you say?



Last night, I gave tarot readings at a birthday party (for entertainment purposes - oy!) and posted the experience on my Facebook page. Well, a family member, who happens to be Christian, sent me a private message basically saying tarot readings are not part of her Bible studies, and she was curious about why I use Tarot. My response?

God is much more than Christianity, more than Catholicism, more than Judaism, more than Buddhism, more than Hinduism, and more than Islam. There isn't a label placed on God, which is why I don't believe in organized religion. With that said, for me Tarot is a method used to enhance and uplift Spiritual Awareness. It's not evil or devil-incarnate. Simply a pathway towards the Light and Love which is God, Divine, Creator, Source, Spirit, Father, Mother, All That Is.

You may not agree and that's fine. All paths lead to the Divine. I have mine and you have yours. :)

Curiosity, or asking questions, gives us an opportunity to understand different spiritual beliefs. It opens healthy discussions about how we live as children of God, regardless of how or what we practice. Besides, discussing spiritual paths eliminate fears and prejudices.


This came from a place of love, not accusatory reaction or making her wrong for asking about my spiritual practice. I hope she accepts and moves on! :)

I've been asked to be featured on an upcoming psychic radio show later this month so stay tuned...