Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wave Hill in Riverdale, New York

I've found a new sanctuary, home away from home, and it's best going before 11am...

Wave Hill!



Here I am on Woodland Trail, embarking on a nature hike. I showered myself with bug repellent cause little critters feasted on exposed chins, calves and ankles last week. Anyway, I used to be in love with Inwood Hill park in upper Manhattan until the appearance of needles and broken glass was a major turn off.

Wave Hill is 'upscale' and except for Tuesday and Saturday before noon, there is a $6 entrance fee unless you become a member -- and that's next on my agenda. Wave Hill's strict rules ensures a pleasant experience overall... I mean, who wants to go to a dirty, unmaintained park? Wave Hill surely doesn't disappoint and the grand views of majestic Jersey Palisades across the Hudson River, on a clear day, is another wonderful treat.



There's a secluded nature hut along the trails which I simply adore! It's like being in a cabin without doors, walls or windows. You see nature at its best, even the bugs... bring 'Off' spray! Other than that, tranquil relaxation is obtainable.

For the tourist at heart, Wave Hill has its share of main attractions, exhibits, shops and eateries. I just go for sun and nature walks ;)

Check out Wave Hill! Conveniently located in northwest Riverdale nearest the Henry Hudson Parkway. I recommend public transportation but there is parking (for a price)...